Friday, May 2, 2014

Reflection Essay


Hannah Himmelmann reflection essay

The biggest struggle while working on our group project was deciding which footage we wanted to use and which footage we didn’t include. We had a ton of footage and we loved all of it. In my opinion, the part of the documentary that makes me most proud is just how well our footage matched the information. I was also proud if how well the final project looked. It was perfect. I would not change a single thing about the documentary. I believe it perfectly shows our vision. I was originally responsible for the filming aspect of the documentary. However, since my film was not the best quality, I ended up being more of the film envisioned. I also had a big impact on the editing, choosing the b roll footage, and anything else that needed to be done. To promote a healthy group atmosphere we made sure to include every group member in every group meeting. We also did not make any final decision without considering the opinion of each group member. I wish that I would have helped the group more by having better footage. All three hours of my footage was very poor quality. Overall, I feel as if I contributed s lot of little things to the group. While I may not have been the main person in charge of everything, I came to every group meeting and did anything I needed to for my group.
I do believe that this course helped my critical thinking skills. I have never had to look at a picture or watch a video and notice themes or ideas that are not obvious. I was a challenge for me at first, however, I soon realized that it wasn’t as hard as I thought. This class definitely challenged me with technology.  I have not edited a video since I was in my elementary school STLP. While it was hard, it was definitely awesome to learn how to use these new technologies. While I do enjoy writing essay, I enjoyed the blog posts and making the documentary. So I definitely would prefer class to be this way than having four essay. I do believe that your style was helpful. I did like discussions, however, dome of the topics we discussed I found it hard to discuss for long periods of time. I would find that if I didn’t speak first, then my thought would be discussed within the first two people talking. I think that the amount of homework was perfect. Sometimes, I feel teaches just give homework to have grades or just so they are doing something. With your homework, it went directly along with class and they were interesting. They weren’t pointless. The only thing I would suggest would be to make participation either not as big of a percentage of our grade or make it easier. Before midterm, I spoke in class at least once s period. But the participation grade on y midterm brought my entire fade down to a B, which I didn’t think was very fair. I tried to step up my participation after midterm and I believe I did a good job. I’m not saying don’t make it a part of our grade because I believe that many discussions wouldn’t have happened if we didn’t have to talk. I’m just suggesting maybe being a little less strict or make it affect our grade less. Overall, I enjoyed the class and thought you were a great teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment